Wrotham Park, Qld
We are Consolidated Pastoral Company (CPC) an Australian based beef producer which owns and operates a portfolio of cattle stations across Northern Australia.
We are looking for people to join CPC with a proactive, positive and can-do attitude and contribute to an industry that's the cornerstone of our country's economy. And you'd be having a pretty good time doing it, too.
You will embrace the chance to learn and grow with CPC with your key duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate and supervise the daily school lessons and educational program
- Maintain regular contact with the School of the Air teachers via phone and email
- Encouraging participation in and developing extracurricular activities such as arts, craft, and outdoor activities and sports
- Attending activities off station as required with the School of the Air community
- Maintaining a child-safe environment around the station complex
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
What you will need
- A genuine interest and passion for teaching children in an outback location
- Previous Home Tutor experience an advantage (but not essential)
- Current Manual Drivers Licence (own vehicle would be an advantage)
- Working with Children Check (or willingness to obtain)
- First Aid experience (would be an advantage)
- Microsoft office knowledge and ability and sound computer skills.
2019 School leavers are encouraged to apply.
What's on offer
In joining us, you'll be well rewarded. On top of your competitive wage, you'll have the full support of our friendly team. And as far as your career's concerned, the opportunities are endless; after all, we're going places.
The airconditioned schoolhouse (two rooms) is well equipped with furniture, stationery, arts and craft supplies and books along with computers and WIFI for lessons. Plenty of room for your students to stretch out and grow academically!
This is a physically demanding job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature environments.
This job can be physically strenuous (demanding) from time to time. You will be expected to be able to walk, climb, bend, kneel, lift, grip, grasp, push and pull various tools and equipment.
Values of importance to CPC include Health and Safety, Leadership, Trust, Community and Value Creation. We hire staff from a diverse range of backgrounds with a variety of knowledge skills and abilities.