Newcastle Waters, NT
We are Consolidated Pastoral Company (CPC) an Australian based beef producer which owns and operates a portfolio of cattle stations across Northern Australia.
We are looking for people to join CPC with a proactive, positive and can-do attitude and contribute to an industry that's the cornerstone of our country's economy. And you'd be having a pretty good time doing it, too.
You will embrace the chance to learn and grow with CPC with your key duties and responsibilities:
- Join the leadership team at Newcastle Waters and look after the day-to-day operations of the stud bull breeding unit (which comprises stud females producing herd bulls for the CPC northern properties)
- Lead, supervise, train and give direction and expertise to your team of five station hands across all livestock program activities.
- Promote and manage best practice animal welfare of cattle and horses
- Be responsible for all paperwork and traceability associated with the stud cattle and keeping computer records up to date using designated software.
- Operate basic plant equipment
- Deliver prestart plans and regular Toolbox Talks with your team
What you will need
- Have a proven track record in leading a team
- A genuine interest and passion for working within the cattle industry and with stud cattle
- Computer experience and knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs
- Previous experience with cattle and horse husbandry skills along with station operations
- Ability to work with our stud cattle using low stress stock handling methods
- Knowledge and understanding of Animal Welfare Practices
- Current Manual drivers' licence
- Willingness to live in a remote location
- Successful applicant/s will be subject to a National Police Check and the CPC Medical Health Questionnaire.
What's on offer
In joining us, you'll be well rewarded. On top of your competitive wage, you'll have the full support of our friendly team. And as far as your career's concerned, the opportunities are endless; after all, we're going places.
This is a physically demanding job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature environments.
This job can be physically strenuous (demanding) from time to time. You will be expected to be able to walk, climb, bend, kneel, lift, grip, grasp, push and pull various tools and equipment. You will need the ability to frequently lift, push and pull from 10-20 kilo's and occasionally more. This job will require the ability to ascend/descend ladders.
Values of importance to CPC include Health and Safety, Leadership, Trust, Community and Value Creation. We hire staff from a diverse range of backgrounds with a variety of knowledge skills and abilities.