Station Cook - Newcastle Waters Station (NT)
- Are you a dependable person who enjoys working as part of a large hardworking team?
- Competitive remuneration
- Self contained accommodation
We are looking for employees with a proactive, positive and can-do attitude to join our team at Newcastle Waters Station located in the Barkly Region 400kms South of Katherine, NT. CPC hires staff from a diverse range of backgrounds with a variety of knowledge, skills and abilities.
We require a dependable person who enjoys working as part of a large hardworking team. Applicants must have a strong work ethic, be clean, tidy and self-motivated.
This position would suit a flexible person who is happy to work individually with high hygiene standards and who wants to experience life on a working cattle station. Previous cooking experience in a commercial setting and butchering skills would be highly desirable.
The role involves all aspects of cooking for up to 35 staff and guests on the Station.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and serve four healthy hearty meals a day
- Store and prepare food hygienically and maintain a clean and organised kitchen
- Coordinate the ordering of station stores and amenities weekly, adhering to a set budget
- Assistance with training and menu planning with the various camp cooks throughout the season
- Cooking experience
- Manual Drivers Licence
- Basic butcher skills
- Successful applicant/s will be subject to a National Police Check and the CPC Medical Health Questionnaire
- Good time management and oragnisational skills
- Q-Fever and Hep A vaccination
- Current Senior first aid certificate
This is a physically demanding job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature this job can be physically strenuous (demanding) from time to time. You will be expected to be able to walk, climb, bend, kneel, lift, grip, grasp, push and pull various tools and equipment. You will need the ability to frequently lift, push and pull from 10-20 Kilograms' and occasionally more.
To apply please click on the 'Apply Now" button below.