- Career progression
- Competitive remuneration
- Accommodation and prepared meals
- Learning and Development
We are looking for employees with a proactive, positive and can-do attitude to join our team. CPC hires staff from a diverse range of backgrounds with a variety of knowledge, skills and abilities.
Safety is our most important value at CPC - The welfare of CPC's people, customers, animals and land is paramount.
The Head Stockperson assists the Station Manager in planning, implementing and evaluating the livestock program and related station operations. The role would suit someone currently working as a Head Stockperson, already having had good cattle industry experience and wanting to continue to develop their capability by working on one of CPC's dynamic and progressive beef properties.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, training and direction to the station hands
- Promote and manage best practice in animal welfare and quality assurance
- Create and promote a positive health and safety culture
- Assist the Station Manager with budgeting and livestock transactions
- Have sound horse and cattle handling skills
- Have proven livestock assessment and husbandry experience
- Organise and implement mustering programs
- Experience in rural locations and the Outback
- More than 3 years' in the Industry
- Developed leadership skills
- Horse and motor bike experience
- Manual Drivers Licence
- Basic computer skills
- Successful applicant/s will be subject to a National Police Check and the CPC Medical Health Questionnaire.
- Truck Licence (MR )
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Chemical users accreditation (preferred)
- Q-Fever vaccination
This is a physically demanding job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature Environment this job can be physically strenuous (demanding) from time to time. You will be expected to be able to walk, climb, bend, kneel, lift, grip, grasp, push and pull various tools and equipment. You will need the ability to frequently lift, push and pull from 10-20 Kilograms' and occasionally more.