2018 Station Hands - Experienced
- Genuine career progression opportunities
- Competitive remuneration
- Accommodation and prepared meals
- Learning and development opportunities
- Transfer opportunities at the end of each season
We are seeking employees who are looking for a career in the Agricultural Industry. Applicants with a proactive, positive and can-do attitude are invited to apply to join our CPC team. CPC employs staff from a diverse range of backgrounds with a variety of knowledge, skills and abilities.
Safety is our most important value at CPC, and the welfare of CPC's people, customers, animals and land is paramount.
To be successful in this role you must have a minimum of 1 to 2 years' experience. Applicants must have a willingness to learn and possess good leadership skills. You will need to have knowledge of station operations including Horse Riding, Motorbikes and Low Stress Cattle Handling
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in supervising and training station hands across all livestock program activities and related station operations;
- Create and promote a positive Workplace Health and Safety culture;
- Mustering, drafting and trucking of cattle;
- Use of horses and bikes;
- Vehicle and Machinery operation;
- Yard Repairs and Maintenance - including fencing & welding;
- Assist with vehicle and machinery maintenance and repairs;
- Follow safe operating procedures; and
- General station maintenance.
- Willingness to live in a remote location with a positive attitude;
- Leadership Skills;
- Manual Drivers Licence;
- More than 1 year's experience in the Industry; and
- Successful applicant/s will be subject to a National Police Check and the CPC Medical Health Questionnaire.
- Motorbike license preferred;
- Current basic first aid certificate; and
- Q-Fever vaccination.
This is a physically demanding job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature environments.
This job can be physically strenuous (demanding) from time to time. You will be expected to be able to walk, climb, bend, kneel, lift, grip, grasp, push and pull various tools and equipment. You will need the ability to frequently lift, push and pull from 10-20 kilo's and occasionally more. This job will require the ability to ascend/descend ladders.