2018 Station Hands - Entry Level
- Are you looking for a career in the Agriculture Industry with a progressive employer?
- Competitive remuneration
- Accommodation and prepared meals
- Learning and Development
- Transfer opportunities at the end of each season
We are seeking employees who are looking for a career in the Agricultural Industry. Applicants with a proactive, positive and can-do attitude are invited to apply to join our CPC team. CPC hires staff from a diverse range of backgrounds with a variety of knowledge, skills and abilities.
Safety is our most important value at CPC, and the welfare of CPC's people, customers, animals and land is paramount.
To be successful in this role, good horse riding ability and some knowledge of cattle is an advantage, but not essential as on the job training will be provided. Applicants must be clean, tidy, self-motivated and have good time management and organisational skills.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Mustering, drafting, trucking of cattle;
- Use of horses and motorbikes up to 250cc;
- Vehicle and Machinery operation;
- Yard Repairs and Maintenance - including fencing & welding;
- Assist with vehicle and machinery maintenance and repairs;
- Follow safe operating procedures; and
- General station maintenance.
- Willingness to live in a remote location with a positive work attitude
- Manual Drivers Licence
- Successful applicant/s will be subject to a National Police Check and the CPC Medical Health Questionnaire.
- Motorbike license
- Current Senior First Aid Course
- Q-Fever vaccination.
This is a physically demanding job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature environments.
You will be expected to be able to walk, climb, bend, kneel, lift, grip, grasp, push and pull various tools and equipment. You will need the ability to frequently lift, push and pull from 10-20 kilograms and occasionally more. This job will require the ability to ascend / descend ladders.